X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaving 7 or 10 pin but hitting the pocket perfectly

if you are a right hand bowler and are throwing a good strike ball and consistantly leave the 10 or 7 pin for your first ball stay in the same spot your at and hit the same mark but scoot up 6 inches for the ten pin and back 6 inches for the 7 pin you should start seeing some strikes

tell me how it works for you
    Last edited by Shark; 04-20-2008, 12:20 AM.

I very rarely move forward or back. I tend to move right or left a board or 2 to change my entry angle into the pocket.

Comment

i agree with BD70. moving forward and back will tend to change the speed of your approach. normally a 1 or 2 board move left or right makes for a much more reliable plan of attack.
      ***To be the best is never an option... To be my best is always the Goal***
      My BowlingTracker Stats
      PBA Experience: Robert Combs
      practice-northcross: Robert Combs
      practice-skyway: Robert Combs

Comment

if the 7 or 10 stand watch very carefully ball path. it's the 4 or 6 typically wrapping 99% of the time. (right handed bowler)

For the 10 ball path was to straight into the 3 then light on the 6 shoving it in front of the 10 and wrapping - more head pin or entry angle will is needed.

For the 7 to much entry angle causes as the ball enters pocket the path is clearly defined and directly towards the 8. this is turn pushes 2 and 4 and misses front of 7. to cure this less entry angle and deaper head pin contact is needed.

i know it's tuff to help these leaves in a few sentences but watch the ball path THRU the pocket and i'm sure the fixes i have suggested will become apparent and hopefully end up with fewer leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Shark View Post
          if you are a right hand bowler and are throwing a good strike ball and consistantly leave the 10 or 7 pin for your first ball stay in the same spot your at and hit the same mark but scoot up 6 inches for the ten pin and back 6 inches for the 7 pin you should start seeing some strikes

tell me how it works for you
          i will move 3inches forward for the 10 pin
          to the left a board for the 7
          My BowlingTracker Stats
          coke classic: joe stafford
          tcba travel leaque: joe stafford

Comment

Adding to what Chuckb has said.. I too am more aware of ball path and amount of energy upon entry into the pocket. If you are consistently leaving flush 7's look to change hand position or move to a weaker layout or ball alltogether. The ball is driving too hard through the 1-5-8, pushing everything straight back with no deflection. Contrastly if the leave is a weak 7 or consistent 10, watch how the ball rolls mid-lane through the finish. A ball that "rolls out" is too aggressively early, typically flattens out midlane to the finish and general deflects upon entry into the pocket. A ball that is too weak generally goes too far down the lane before making its turn, often times resulting in weak 10's or the not so fun, 8-10 or 5-7 pocket hits.

Remember tho, all of this advice means squat if you cannot consitantly repeat quality shots. Too many times I notice bowlers who complain about carry don't throw enough quality shots off their hand. Practice will help knowledge of what is and what isn't a quality shot.

Comment

Originally posted by cdognight View Post
              Remember tho, all of this advice means squat if you cannot consitantly repeat quality shots. Too many times I notice bowlers who complain about carry don't throw enough quality shots off their hand. Practice will help knowledge of what is and what isn't a quality shot.

VERY WELL PUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              My BowlingTracker Stats

Comment

Working...
              X