Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your 2017-2018 season League/Tournament scores here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not particularly a bad night bowling, Started out with the Blunt Force. But switched to the Motiv Paranoia after the 6th frame of the 1st game, The Blunt was just feeling a little bit too early.

We only won one game, my team was only bowling just under average. The other team was bowling just over average and we were spotting themo team 74 pins.

Click for stats

Litefrozen

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyJ1111 View Post
      250/255/238 743 Series with a 26/9/0/0 line. 3 for 3 on 10 pins. 3rd ever "Paper 300" thrown with the back 7 game 1 and the front 5 game 2.
      Well I remain locked in for another week. 2nd Clean night of the season. This Brunswick True Nirvana bowling ball is incredible. Best purchase of the year FOR REAL. Left a washout early in game 1 but was able to convert the 1-2-4-6-10. That jump started an array of strikes the rest of the night. There came a point where I was actually more fired up for the 3 for 3 10 pin conversions which was CLUTCH. As I was tiring going into game 3 Andy Hays gave me some Crystal Pepsi which rejuvenated my game and I finished game 3 striking out.
      Unfortunately we were only able to take 1 game on the night as our opponents once again bowled 900+ Handicap games 1 and 2.
      Valley Lock and Safe sits at 30-26 for the season.

An absolutely ridiculous 220.96 average thru 24 games (8 Weeks) I also now officially don't have a handicap. What a bust.
      Nice set there Duffy! 220 average sounds great! keep it up.
      Litefrozen

Comment

10/17/17 Week 9
        224/206/247 677 Series with a 20/9/3/2 line
        Bowling ball release issues early on in the night with my thumb sticking bad on a couple of shots. I was squeezing on the release I think (too amped up) Added thumb tape and relaxed. The splits came at inopportune times right in the middle of games. Also chopped a 3-6 conversion attempt.
        Team did great overall after winning by the narrowest of margins Game 1 833-831, we also took games 2 and 3 which was huge going 7-0 on the night which puts us in 2nd place. It did help that our opponent that was in 1st place only had 2 bowlers and they didn't bowl very well.
        Next week is the roll off ending the first third of the season and we could actually pull it out if we stay locked in. Valley Lock and Safe sits at 37-26 on the season.
        221.48 Average thru 27 games (9 weeks)

Comment

Week 08 of league wasn't bad, we were down one player. We were basically bowling scratch, The team we were playing were spotting us 7 pins. But we had to take 10 off the blind of our missing our player, so we wound up giving them 3.

We did well though, we all bowled over average every game except my last one and we took all 7 points. Which was good next week is our first position round, as of week 7 we are in a four way tie for 5th place and only 5 points out of first. So theoretically if the other team break the points up right we could be in 1st for position night.

I used the Blunt force tonight, I should have changed the last game. The backend was feeling funky and the motion wasn't quite right, But I got a few frames into the game with the BF and I didn't feel like bothering to change after that.

Felt good picking up that first frame washout of the 3rd game, I moved left, threw the plastic ball straight down 5th arrow. Yep Norm was right going straight up the fifth arrow versus hooking the ball to the left of the head pin works way better.

Click for stats:

Litefrozen

Comment

10/24/17 Week 10 Roll Off
            236/224/202 662 Series with a 17/14/1/0 line. 4 for 4 on 10 pins.
            Game 1 was a no tap 300 as it was the night of the 8 pin leaving 3 of them on solid pocket shots. Started to lose my line to the pocket halfway through the night but still kept it clean until the end. The only open frame came on the final ball of the night as I chopped a 2-5 leave.
            We came into the night tied for 1st place after beating the 1st place team 7-0 last week. However the team we bowled became locked in and shot 938, 913 games 1 and 2. We lost them all but are still above .500 for the season at 37-33. I won't be bowling next Tuesday as it is Halloween and taking the daughter trick or treating so bowling stats will return in 14 days.
            I came in 1 pin under my ridiculous average with this True Nirvana bowling ball and sit at a 221.40 Average thru 30 games (10 weeks)

Comment

Week 09 First Position round.

Tonight was our first position round of the first half, Last year at this time we were in 28th place in a threeway tie for 26th place. After that position round, we fell to 30th in a two way tie for 29th place.

This season going into the position round we were in 3rd place in a 5 way tie for 2nd place. After this position round we are now in a threeway tie for second place.

So we're having a better start this season, I've got a full team, averages are all up, our win percentage is up, Now if we can just keep it up.

First quarter stat's

Week 09-Position Round
              Litefrozen

Comment

10/24/17 Week 10 Roll Off
                236/224/202 662 Series
                Good solid series Duffy!

Litefrozen

Comment

Thanks man. You said last year you were in 28th place? How many teams in your Winter League? We only have 8 teams in our league this year. We've had up to 10 teams in years past but it's a struggle finding bowlers year in and year out.

Comment

Why don't more people post on here? This is a great page and I've uploaded all my scores since 2008 on the ScoreTracker.

Comment

Thanks man. You said last year you were in 28th place? How many teams in your Winter League? We only have 8 teams in our league this year. We've had up to 10 teams in years past but it's a struggle finding bowlers year in and year out.
                      My league has 32 teams it's a full house league and has been that way for years.

Why don't more people post on here? This is a great page and I've uploaded all my scores since 2008 on the ScoreTracker.
                      This board just never caught on, there are several other boards which are more popular for discussions. But even those have slowed down.

The score tracker here is the big draw, it's almost the only one there is. But even the score tracker has probably took a hit, with the advent of score tracking App's such as "Bowl! Drill! Score! Stat!" a new App I started using (though I still use my old App also.)

Bowl! Drill! Score! Stat!
                      https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=evets.neg.tbe

Litefrozen

Comment

Originally posted by litefrozen View Post

This board just never caught on, there are several other boards which are more popular for discussions. But even those have slowed down.

The score tracker here is the big draw, it's almost the only one there is. But even the score tracker has probably took a hit, with the advent of score tracking App's such as "Bowl! Drill! Score! Stat!" a new App I started using (though I still use my old App also.)
                        Ah that makes sense I guess. I've never owned a cell phone so I wouldn't even know how the Apps work. I'll stick to the scoretracker.

Comment

week 10

Well this was a pretty weak night, we were down one person and all of us were shooting under average. We lost all points.

I noticed on our lanes and those around us, players had very similar leaves. I've seen this happening before, say your leaving the bucket a lot on your lanes. The lanes near you will have lots of buckets show up.

Well there's next week.

Litefrozen

Comment

246/172/184 602 Series with a 14/14/3/2 line. 4 for 4 on 10 pins
                            Game 1 was no tap 300 as I left four 10 pins. Then the wheels fell off and I couldn't find a consistent line to the pocket. Kept it clean until 2 pocket 7-10 splits appeared in the middle of game 2 and the 20 straight 200+ game streak was broken.
                            Strikes were sporadic from there and I don't think I even doubled the rest of the night. We lost game 1 by 8 pins, then somehow won Game 2 by 1 pin and my teammate held us up winning game 3 as he shot 241. Last week we went 5-2 as well so that puts us at 10-4 thru 2 weeks of the second third of the season and 47-37 overall.
                            219.52 Average thru 12 weeks (33 games)

Comment

Excitement this week, A big shouting match broke out a couple of lanes over the last game (about frame 4) Not sure what it was about, someone not getting up to bowl quick enough, being on the cellphone, looking at someone the "Wrong way!"

The loudest voice picked his stuff up and walked out, so he got zeros for the remaining frames for a whooping 70 game. So his team lost that game, looking at the scores they most likely would have lost anyway.

This night wasn't too bad only missed three spares and we took 5 points. Now we're tied for 7th, 6 points out of first.

Litefrozen

Comment

11.14.17 Week 13
                                179/218/199 596 Series with a 15/11/7/3 line.

Not much to say about tonight other than after the final ball I was triggered enough to kick the ball return. Old school Duffy! We lost them all as we had to spot our opponents 205 pins each game before the first ball was thrown Back down to earth these last couple weeks. I did hold it down on 10 pin conversions going 4 for 4.

217.78 Average thru 13 Weeks (36 Games)

Comment

Working...
                                X